I absolutely love my job. I believe in the incredibly powerful healing property of touch which makes massage the most ancient therapeutic and healing practice. If we have a pain somewhere in our body, what do we do? We instinctively touch that area. Massage is also the best way to exchange positive energy and it works at both the physical and the subtle levels.
I have always had a personal interest in complementary therapies but it was only when I decided to end my career in Mainstream Film Production that I realized I needed to take my interest in Massage a bit more seriously. Since 2008, when I got my first qualification, I never stopped training, only when I had my daughter Melissa.
I treat people from various backgrounds and all ages. Whenever it is possible I can combine my various skills according to my client’s needs. My aim is creating nourishing and therapeutic massages and delivering an individually suited treatment every time. I am always searching for the cause of discomfort and do not only want to treat the symptoms.
The holistic approach is fundamental.
The term HOLISTIC comes from the Greek word “Holos” which means WHOLE. The holistic approach to treatment takes into account a person’s whole being, not just the physical symptoms or problems but also psychology, environment and nutrition and the effects, both positive and negative, that these can have on the body as a whole.
I work in English, Italian and French.
Professional Qualifications :
- ITEC level 3 Anatomy, Physiology & Holistic Massage
- ITEC level 3 Sports and Remedial Massage
- ITEC level 3 On Site Acupressure Massage and Stress Management
- Ayurveda and Panchakarma Therapy, Kerala Ayurvedic Health Care, Trivandrum (affiliated to BSS, National development Agency, Government of India)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage – Vodder (Inspire Massage Workshops – CThA)
- Pregnancy Massage accredited diploma- abdominal and full body (Gateway workshops, London)
- INTEGRATED MYOFASCIAL THERAPY level 1,2,3 (Myofascial Release UK and Scotland)
- Emergency First Aid at work level 2 with Green Cross Training
I am a member of the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA) and Embody.