I absolutely love my job. I believe in the incredibly powerful healing property of touch which makes massage one of the most ancient therapeutic and healing practices. If we have a pain somewhere in our body, what do we do? We instinctively touch that area. Massage is also the best way to exchange positive energy and it works at both the physical and the subtle levels.
I have always had a personal interest in complementary therapies but it was only when I decided to end my career in Mainstream Film Production that I realised I needed to take my interest in Massage a bit more seriously. Since 2008, when I got my first qualification, I never stopped exploring the different possibilities of the human body.
I treat people from all backgrounds and ages. Whenever it is possible I combine my various skills according to my client’s needs. My aim is to create nourishing and therapeutic massages and individually suited treatments every time. I am always searching for the cause of discomfort and do not only want to treat the symptoms.
The holistic approach is fundamental because each and everyone of us is unique.
The term HOLISTIC comes from the Greek word “Holos” which means WHOLE. The holistic approach to treatment takes into account a person’s whole being, not just the physical symptoms but also psychology, environment nutrition and the effects, both positive and negative, that these can have on the body as a whole.
I work in English, Italian and French.
Professional Qualifications :
- ITEC level 3 Anatomy, Physiology & Holistic Massage
- ITEC level 3 Sports and Remedial Massage
- ITEC level 3 On Site Acupressure Massage and Stress Management
- Ayurvedic massage and Panchakarma Therapy – Kerala Ayurvedic Health Care, Trivandrum (affiliated to BSS, National development Agency, Government of India)
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage – Vodder technique (Inspire Massage Workshops – CThA)
- Pregnancy Massage accredited diploma- abdominal and full body (Gateway workshops, London)
- INTEGRATED MYOFASCIAL THERAPY levels 1,2,3 and FASCIAL ASSESSMENT and integration (Myofascial Release UK and Scotland)
- ACCESS BARS – www.accessconsciousness.com
- Emergency First Aid at work level 2 with Green Cross Training
I am a member of the Complementary Therapists Association (CThA) and Embody.